Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pantry Pad Thai

Ingredients:
Chicken, butter, oil, eggs, linguine, soy sauce, ketchup, peanut butter, lime juice, sugar, curry, crushed red pepper, peanuts, onion

I sautéed the chicken in some butter to flavor it then I removed it and put some oil in the wok and cracked 4 eggs into it. I cooked it until the eggs were scrambled – I added the 1/2 box cooked linguine and chicken to the wok, poured my secret (even to me) sauce over it all, and threw in about 1/3 of a med. onion finely chopped and about ¼ cup coarsely chopped peanuts. Tossed it all together for a couple of minutes and served.

Okay the sauce had maybe ¼ c. soy sauce, ¼ c. ketchup, 2 Tb. Peanut butter, 2 tsp. lime juice, 2 tsp. sugar, ½ tsp. curry, and ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper (I think red pepper flakes would have been good but I didn’t have any). That’s my best guess at the proportions.

No comments: