Monday, November 12, 2007

Sweet ‘n’ Tangy Pot Roast

I'm not sure where this recipe came from - maybe Taste of Home? This is AMAZING!

1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 lbs. or so)
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 c. water
1 c. ketchup
¼ c . red wine or beef broth
1 envelope au jous
2 tsp. dijon mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
3 Tb. cornstarch
¼ c. cold water

Cut meat in ½ and place in crockpot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a bowl, combine the water, ketchup, wine or broth, gravy mix, mustard, worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until meat is tender.

Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Remove meat from slow cooker. Slice and serve with gravy.

Yield: 8 servings

4 comments:

Paula said...

I'm going to have to try this one. I just got a crock pot yesterday.
Paula

Sarah said...

Hi! I've got one crock roast recipe, and I need a little change! Thanks for posting this to orgjunkie!

Anonymous said...

Alaina,

Just had to tell you what a hit this was with my family!! Even my 4 yr. old who isn't huge on meat, said it was yummy:-) I've had quite a few pot roasts in my 31 yrs and the flavor of the roast/gravy is one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Shannon
TN

Loraena Tuttle said...

This looks so yummy! I am going to have to try it! Maybe tomorrow. =)