Sunday, December 21, 2008

Butter Pecan Fudge

This is from Taste of Home. I first made it maybe 2 or 3 years ago and now we make it every year - it's very rich but absolutely delicious!

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped

In a large saucepan, combine the butter, sugars, cream and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in pecans. Spread into a buttered 8-in. square dish. Cool to room temperature. Cut into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Makes 1-1/4 pounds.

2 comments:

Only The Good Stuff said...

YUMO! I am going to "follow" you, or how ever it is you do on blogger! I have looked at a few recipes and can tell that you and I have simular baking tates! I can't wait to see what else you are going to post!!

Mariel said...

Thanks for the recipe! I love, love, love butter pecan fudge and I need to have it every day. So, you are my hero.

Come check out some of my recipes at www.oneshetwoshe.com

Mariel